Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #99996

| Unfiltered | November 13, 2017

(I work in home health and we get calls like this a lot surprisingly)

Me: thank you for calling [agency] , this is [my name], how may I help you?

Caller: Hi I’m a nurse, and my [family member] needs care, but they only want me to take care of them. Is there any way we could go through you and have only me take care of them?

Me: Yes, if you fill out an application and we hire you. But you would have to see more patients in a week than just your [family member].

Caller: Oh no, I just want to take care of [family member] and no one else. I have a job already, I would just need to be paid for my [family member]. How would they be able to request me after being admitted to your agency?

Me: The only way is to be hired here to see patients.

Caller: But I have a job already I don’t need to be hired. And I can’t see other patients, only my [family member].

Me: So you want to use our facility, our resources and supplies, see no one else, AND you want us to pay you?

Caller: Yes, exactly.

Me: Sorry we don’t do that here. Try [other home health agency]

(Note: no other home health agency does that either)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!