Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #99156

, | Unfiltered | November 5, 2017

(I’m working the evening shift at a popular fast food chain. While our drive-thru stays open until 2am, our dining room closes at 10pm. On this one particular night, business is slow, and as the dining room is empty, my co-worker and I start sweeping and mopping. Around 9:30pm a car pulls up in front of the door and we see a older man get out.)

Man: (He walks up to the door but doesn’t open it, he just looks at us through the front window and gestures questioningly at the door and mouths somthing to the effect of “Are you still open?” )

(As the hours are clearly posted on the door, I exchange a puzzled glance with my co-worker)

Me: (since the man has not even tried to open the door,  I nod and mouth silently back to him,)  “Yes, we are still open.”

Man: (turns and waves the rest of his family out of the car)

(At this moment I get a ping on my headset indicating that someone is at the drive-thru and so I leave to take the order. As I am finishing up with serving the customer at the window, I hear a commotion in the dining room and see my manager running to the front of the store. I glance around the corner of the drive thru alcove and see the man standing in the middle of the dining room yelling at my manager.  He then see me.)

Man: (shouting and pointing his finger at me)
THAT’S THE GUY! THAT GUY CALLED ME AN A**HOLE!!!

Me:( my mouth drops in surprise) Sir,…I would never call-

Man: (cutting me off and still shouting) YES! YES, YOU DID! NOW, I’M NO EXPERT AT READING LIPS, BUT I’M PRETTY SURE YOU CALLED ME AN A**HOLE!

(I try to explain to him that I was just trying to let him know that we were indeed open, yet he continues to rant and yell about how terrible we are. He reiterates how he is not an expert at reading lips, but is still sure that I called him an “A-hole”, and how I should be fired. His family, meanwhile, stands by the door looking mortified)

Man: (Waving his family back through the door) WE’RE LEAVING AND NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN.

Me: (slightly shaken by the hostility directed at me) Look, (manager) I never called him that.

Manager: (bemused) Yeah, (my name) I know.  It’s not like you to use that kind of language.  It’s kinda funny through that someone who “isn’t an expert at reading lips” was so dead sure of what he thought you said.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!