Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #99143

, | Unfiltered | November 4, 2017

(I work at a national pizza chain, we get the most random requests from customers…nothing beats this…)

Me: Thank you for choosing your local (town) (National pizza chain) will this be carryout or delivery?

Customer: Delivery…but…umm…can I make a request?

Me: Sure! What can I do for you?

Customer: I want two pizzas…but…I only want one cooked.

Me: So…you want an uncooked pizza? Like…raw?

Customer: Yeah, umm…my wife hates the way your ovens make the pizza taste…she wants to cook hers here, at home.

Me: Okay, well, I’m sorry sir, but we can’t sell you uncooked food. It’s against health codes…we could get shut down.

Customer: But… I’ve done this before. Many times. I know the general manager. Just tell him who it’s for and he’ll tell you it’s ok.

Me: I’m positive he won’t, I’m also positive you’ve never gotten a raw pizza from us…like I said, it’s against health code policies. If someone here had ever sold you an uncooked pizza, we wouldn’t be in business anymore.

Customer: Huh. We’ll see about that. I’m calling corporate and reporting you for not giving the customer what they ask for. What was your name again?

Me: That’s fine sir, but I’m sure they will tell you the same thing…my name is (my name) and have a great day!

(He ended up calling corporate, and my general manager asked to speak to me the next day. He had an email from the head at corporate praising how I had handled the situation and telling how much of a valued employee I am.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!