Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #99132

| Unfiltered | November 2, 2017

My husband an ex-marine with PTSD has 1 slipped & 1 bulged cervical disc and has been waiting out the 1yr the specialists instructed him to be off work as a fire fighter on disability before they consider surgery. So he has to see a pain management doctor & take pain killers. His not working has caused him a lot of depression, anxiety and feeling useless/worthless, pain killers probably aren’t helping his self worth. We went to pickup his monthly pain pills with our toddler but I stayed in the car trying to get a nap before work. This is what he got from the pharmacist after he handed her his drivers license & insurance card.
Hubby: Hi I’m here to pick up my medications
Pharmacist: Oh no I can’t dispense these to you, you look like a gang banger.
Hubby: Um I’m not. Please just check with my specialist.
Daughter: Gang bang? Hahahahaha GANG BANG!!
Hubby to daughter: No that’s a bad word we don’t say that.
Hubby said she continued to squeal laughing yelling BANG & GANG repeatedly the entire time they were in the store.
Pharmacist: No you’re a drug dealer. Look at you! Shaved head and tattoos. You need to leave we don’t allow your kind here.
Hubby: I’m 45yrs old and going bald. You know what fine whatever just give me my doctors prescription back so I can leave.
Pharmacist: No get out! I’ve already called the cops and you’re getting arrested.
Pharmacist: You need to leave now!
Hubby texts me to get inside
I walk up in my nursing scrubs: WTF is going on?
Hubby: Please just give me my cards and prescription back so I can leave then.
Cops march up hands on their guns in the holsters: What’s going on here? What do you think you’re doing?
Daughter immediately yells: BANG! GANG BANG!!!
Hubby: I was trying to fill my prescription but she’s calling me names & accusing me of stuff but won’t give me my stuff back.
Pharmacist: this hoodrat is trying to get drugs out of me!
Police: You called in a possible robbery?
Hubby: I’m not trying to rob anyone! She refused to fill my prescription and now she refuses to give me it back!
Police: Sir we need to see your ID
Hubby: She has it and won’t give it back!
Police: Mam are you being robbed? Has he threatened to rob you?
Pharmacist: No but look at him! He’s obviously a drug dealing gang banger!
All but two officers start walking back towards the front of the store since one recognized my husband and whispered to the other.
Me: Officer? Can someone please take my husband and my child to the front of the store? I dont want her learning anymore new words.
One of the officers motions for my husband to follow him.
Me: Excuse me but what is the problem with filling my husband’s prescription?
Pharmacist: Well look at him!
Me: Yeah I do every single day and I am damn proud of him. Now what’s the problem besides his appearance?
Pharmacist: I’ve never heard of this doctor & can’t fill this since I’ve never heard of him. It’s probably fake!
Me: No he’s actually one of the top pain management doctors in Southern California. But fine whatever. Who would you fill a prescription from?
Pharmacist: Dr. Dxxx, Dr. Txxx or Dr. Kxxx to name a few.
Me: Ok well I work with Dr. T sometimes and he’s a damn podiatrist. And Dr. K is a coroner. What kind of doctor is Dr. D? Here let me google it.
Pharmacist: There’s no need you don’t have a prescription from him!
Me: Dr. D died two years ago. So you’ll accept a controlled substance prescription from doctors who can’t LEGALLY prescribe scheduled medications? I need your name.
Pharmacist: No I don’t have to give that to you!
Me: If you think that’ll keep you from going before the licensing board you are mistaken. Now give me my husband’s cards and prescription this minute.
Pharmacist: No I don’t have to!
Me to the police officers: Officers I would like to press charges please.
Officer: Gladly.
Pharmacist: You can’t do that! I have my rights! I want to press charges! She’s threatening me!
Officer: Mam there has been no threat and also you have admitted there was never any robbery or threat of robbery.

Poor hubby started going bald at 16, he made the wise choice to shave his head. Usually he gets mistaken for a skinhead but now I guess it’s a gangbanger too.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!