Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #99130

| Unfiltered | November 2, 2017

(It is 2009, around the time where the swine flu pandemic was a big issue in the media. I was around 15 at the time and went to the GP to get my flu shot before I travelled to the US. Despite my many attempts to persuade my mum to come in with me, she refused, insisting that I had to grow up and go in there myself. After sitting in the waiting room for a couple of hours, my name is called by a male doctor. As soon as he sees me walking towards him, he becomes immediately uncomfortable)
GP (in loud voice): Oh, we’d better get you a female doctor!
Me: *confused* Why?
GP: You have “lady problems”, right?
Me: No?!! *immediately goes red*
GP: Oh… errr… right this way then…
(The entire appointment was very uncomfortable, and completely unnecessary. As it turns out, I needed parental consent before they were willing to give me the flu shot to begin with. In total, I sat there for around two hours only to be embarrassed in the public waiting area and then told I couldn’t get my flu shot without my parents signing a form. Never went back to that clinic again.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!