Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #98593

| Unfiltered | October 28, 2017

I work at a pretty popular pizza buffet food chain and am one of the closers for the evening. After having a late rush, we were finally able to take down the buffet for the night and start cleaning up. After I already have the buffet cleared, two men walk in.

Me: Welcome to *restaurant*, how can I help you?
Customer #1: Yeah, two of us for the buffet.
Me: I’m sorry, but we’re finished serving buffet for the evening, but you can order a pizza for dine-in. Our buffet only goes until 7:30.
Customer #2: That’s bulls**t.
Me: I’m sorry, but it is written on our hours.
(at this point, the manager has come up front to see what’s going on and chimes in)
Manager: Our buffet hours are from 5 to 7:30
Customer #2: Since when? I’ve gotten buffet at 10 o’clock before!
(We actually close at 10 most days of the week)

Both customers leave angry and cursing at me in a foreign language. The buffet hours have never changed in the entire time my manager – who happens to be my mother-in-law and has worked there for 19 years – has been an employee.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!