Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #98100

, , | Unfiltered | October 17, 2017

(I’ve had a rough day and have come home in a sour mood, so my husband suggests we grab a burger from a burger place popular in Texas. The drive through contains five vehicles, so we opt to go inside. No one else is there, we’re the only customers inside. There’s only one cashier there, as all the others are in the back making food and hanging around, talking to each other while the manager cooks food.

The cashier sees us come in and instantly swings around to face the opposite direction, staring at the food prep area. He stands there for a minute or more, so I think he’s waiting for an order to come through the heating station. He finally mumbles something over his shoulder at us to disappear in the back office for another three or four minutes.

In this time, no one else has bothered to look our way, or acknowledge we are there. We stand at the register and wait for the first cashier to come back. He ignores us again so he can ring something up. I have assumed he’s either logging on the register or something similar, so my husband and I move to the register the cashier is at – please note there are only two registers, so it isn’t as if another person couldn’t have come up front in the meantime to take a register over.

The cashier continues to type on the keyboard while my husband and I discuss openly what we would like to order. We finally turn to the cashier, who continues still to type. We wait nearly two more minutes before he finally prints out a receipt, highlights it, showing that he has clocked out for a ten minute break. He then tells us, “Someone will be with y’all in a minute.” All in all, this has taken about ten minutes, and still no one else in the restaurant has even made a point to turn around to acknowledge us.

I instantly realize that he has clocked out so he doesn’t have to serve us, though he could have done so within the five minutes he had wasted between staring at the food prep area and back in the office. I turn to my husband and state loudly, “I have dealt with three incompetent people today. Do I really want to deal with four?”

I look at the cashier, at everyone else who has ignored us, and decide, “Nope. We’re going somewhere else.” We walk out and go down the road to another burger place. Best decision made.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!