Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #98079

, , | Unfiltered | October 16, 2017

(The company deals with packing and shipping items from local auction house. I am new to working there and hadn’t been trained yet on what to say to the people who bought auction items when they call, but I do know that when an auction buyer calls, the first thing you do is get their name and find their information. I am closing with a coworker, and my coworker is with a customer when the phone rings.)

Me: Do you want me to finish with your customer so you can get the phone? [Assistant manager] hasn’t trained me in that yet.

Coworker: No, it’s fine. Just say “Thank you for calling [store], this is [name].” Get his name and see what he wants.

Me (answering the phone): Thank you for calling [store], this is [name]. What can I do for you?

Customer: Yeah, you can help me. My name is [name] and I ordered something from [auction house].

Me: Ok, hold on just one second while I find your papers.

Customer: What papers??

Me: The papers that the auction house provides us. They go with the item you bought from them.

(the phone connection went bad for a second, so I didn’t catch what the customer said.)

Me: I’m really sorry, but I didn’t catch that. Either your phone or our phone dropped out for a second there… can you please repeat what you just said?

Customer (yelling): YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME?!?

Me: No, no, the connection just went bad, so I didn’t catch what you said.

Customer: I can’t believe this! I spent all this money and to be disrespected like this! You’re incredibly unprofessional! Your whole business is unprofessional!

Me: I… I’m really sorry, sir. I’m gonna hand the phone to my coworker now.

(My coworker talks to the customer. She’s on the phone with him for less than a minute.)

Me: What did he want?

Coworker: He just wanted to confirm that his items were shipping out tomorrow.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!