Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #97924

, | Unfiltered | October 21, 2017

( I used to work for a company that at one time had a posture of measuring employees’ performance by ‘productivity’ – how many customers they could process in a day. As a result, many people would look for ways to pass as many calls as they could off to another department to improve their throughput. Many of our customers used our equipment. If customer service sent equipment out the customer was billed for it, but if repair service sent out a repair replacement there was no charge. Repair was notorious for not wanting to handle repair replacements so in customer service we got a lot of ‘push-back’ from them trying to get us to do their job for them. One day I figured out a solution. )
Me: Hello Repair, I have a customer needing a repair replacement for <equipment>.
Repair: That’s your job, you can do it.
Me: Oh, okay. Could you give me a repair ticket number please?
Repair: You don’t need a repair ticket number.
Me: Could I get you to pull up the equipment page and help me fill it out, please?
Repair: Why?
Me: I’m having a little trouble with the form.
Repair: Okay.
Me: On your screen, could you click the box that says “repair replacement”.
Repair: Okay.
Me: Did you see the little box that says, “repair ticket number”?
Repair: Yes.
Me: The system won’t let me submit this form until I enter a repair ticket number, so could you give me one, please?
Repair: I can’t issue a repair ticket number unless I an talking to a customer.
Me: Would you like me to transfer the customer to you so you can do your job like you are supposed to?
Repair: . . . *resignation in voice* Yes.
( I then passed this technique to everyone in customer service and it was the end of push-back from repair. )

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!