Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #97372

| Unfiltered | October 11, 2017

(I was 17 close to 18 and working 4 times a week at my local grocery store stocking shelves, im looking fairly old for my age due to my height and beard. It is around christmas times when this happened, we have heavily discounted prices on christmas realated products that is only in stock around christmas, the sale last until the stock runs out. This is a encounter with a costumer. Keep in mind that im not allowed to work the registrers.)

Costumer: Where are the (christmas soda)?
(I know that we were sold out)
Me: I’m so sorry but we are sold out of that (soda)?
Costumer: How can you be so sure? Go check the back.
Me: Ok im going do check i’ll be right back.
(After a while of working there i have figured that it is easier to just go into the back than to argue with the costumer)
Me: (*Back from storage) Exuse me, i have checked the back and im sorry but we dont have it.
(Suddently she snaps at me.)
Costumer: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DONT HAVE IT! IT IS CHIRSTMAS AND DONT HAVE [christmas soda] WHAT KIND OF STORE IS THIS?
(A little shocked but not scared or annoyed yet)
Me: Im sorry, but we ran out of that soda 4 days ago, it is a really popular soda around christmas times.

(says something about me beeing lazy and she continues shopping)

(I go on with my daily routine when i see the same costumer in line waiting to get checked out she is behind almost 10 people, we were understaffed and there are only one working the registrers, my coworker calls the bell to get someone to come over to help, but no one arrives, i see the same woman aproach me.)

Costumer: Why aren’t you coming over to help with the registrers, you clearly heard the bell.
Me: I am not allowed to work the registrers, im only 17.
(she then starts screaming to me again)
Costumer: YOU ARE 17!? YOU LOOK LIKE A 40 YEAR OLD! YOU ARE A LAZY F*****, HOW DID YOU EVEN GET THIS JOB? I WANNA SPEAK TO YOU MANAGER!
(im starting to get anoyed and I just want her out of my face)
Me: Yes im 17. I have been working for 5 hrs straight without a break and I had school before this wich lasted for 7 hrs I have 1 more hr of work left and I probably wont get a break until then.
(without me noticing my manager has showed up)
Manager: What is happening over here?
Costumer: YOUR LAZY EMPLOYEE WON’T WORK THE REGISTRERS!
Manager: He can’t he is only 17, you have to be 18 or older to work the registers it is store policy.
(While the costumer screamed at me, the was opened a new register and 5 people was waiting in line)
Costumer: (*mumbels and gets back in line*)
Manager: And for you [my name] i want to see you in my office.

(I got written up for not helping on the registrers even tho she said that i can’t to the costumer. My manager wouldn’t listen to me when i tried to explane what happened and that i can’t work them. I quit shortly after to go to the millitary:)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!