Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #97358

, | Unfiltered | October 9, 2017

(One afternoon I decided to pick up fried chicken for dinner. I went to a fast food chain that serves fried chicken and walked inside to place my order.)

Me: “I’d like to get the 10 piece dark meat only bucket.”

Cashier: “Okay.”

Me: “I’d like to get that as a meal.”

Cashier: “Okay.” (Presses buttons and a ridiculously high price comes up.)

Me: “That’s very high. The dark meat only bucket costs a little less than the 8 piece bucket, but your total is a lot higher than the 8 piece meal.”

Cashier: “That’s because I rang you up for the 12 piece meal with substitutions.”

Me: “That’s not what I wanted. The dark meat only bucket has thighs and drumsticks only which is why the bucket cost is less than the 8 piece bucket. I want the dark meat only bucket, not the 12 piece, as a meal.”

Cashier: “That can’t be made a meal. If you want a meal you need to get either the 8 piece bucket or the 12 piece bucket and request substitutions.”

Me: “What? Why can’t it be made a meal?”

Cashier: “Because it doesn’t come as a meal. You have to get either the 8 piece or 12 piece bucket to get a meal.”

Me: “I’ve gotten it as a meal before.”

Cashier: “Well they must have rung you up for one of the other buckets and did substitutions.”

Me: “That makes no sense. The price for the dark meat only bucket is a little less than the 8 piece bucket even though it has more pieces, and I’ve gotten all ten pieces in the past with a meal.”

Cashier: “You can order two additional pieces to go with your meal.”

Me: “That’s even more money, boosting the price of the actual bucket even higher. Why can’t that particular bucket be a meal? I’d like to talk to the manager.”

Cashier: “Okay but he’s not going to tell you anything different.”

Me: “That’s fine but I want to talk to him.”

(The cashier gets the manager.)

Manager: “Hello, how can I help you?”

Me: “Hi. Is it possible to get the 10 piece dark meat only bucket as a meal?”

Manager: “Of course!”

(The manager presses two buttons on the register, a more reasonable total comes up, and he walks away. The cashier glared at me the rest of the time I was in the restaurant waiting for my order.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!