Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #95726

, | Unfiltered | September 29, 2017

*It’s my third day on the job. I’m still in high-school, at the time, and I feel every bit as young and inexperienced as I am, especially with the notoriously hard-to-work-with assistant manager looming in the distance. Nevertheless, I take a deep breath and welcome over my first customer.*

Me: Hi, what can I do for you today?

*The customers are a pleasant looking older couple, who order a medium popcorn. Per the rules, I’m obligated to make a suggestive sell and an upsell. I try to do both in one go.*

Me: Would you like to upgrade that to the combo number one? It comes with a large drink and a large popcorn, as well as free refills on both.*

The woman: *The smile falls off of her face and she’s suddenly furious, leaning over the counter and shouting at me.* I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT WE F****** WANTED. DON’T YOU DARE TRY TO FORCE ANY OF YOUR STUFF ON US, BECAUSE WE’VE ALREADY SPENT PLENTY ON THE TICKETS AND THE POPCORN.

Me: *Completely startled because I’d never imagined a customer responding to me like this, even in my most anxious nightmares. I’m frozen for a second and the assistant manager comes over at the first sign of trouble, immediately taken over.*

Assit. Manager: What seems to be the problem?

The customer: This young lady is trying to force us to buy more than we asked for!

Assit. Manger: *Calmly.* It’s her first day on the register and she’s only following the procedure that we instructed her to. You’re not obligated to buy anything that is suggested.

The Customer: *Quieting down.* I didn’t know it was her first day. You really should make them wear badges when they’re new. I wasn’t trying to give her a hard time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!