Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #95712

| Unfiltered | September 27, 2017

I work in (supermarket that is popular in UK) in a very rough area, so we have our fair share of thefts/numpties who wouldn’t know how to walk through and open door. This one woman (We’ll call her N for Neurotic) comes in regularly and every time she is HORRIBLE. Like, the littlest thing sets this woman off in a scream rage. After a stupidly busy Sunday morning rush, I turn my head to hear the dulcet tones of N. My poor co-worker had to deal with her. Here’s how it went down (from what I could hear);

N: “I WAS OVERCHARGED! I BOUGHT TWO CHEESES AND – (*turns to shout at what I can only assume is her son, poor guy was only standing there quietly*) YES I WANT A REFUND!

Co-worker: “No problem, can I see your receipt please? Just to check the prices match up on the system, and I’ll also need the card you paid with so it’ll go back on that”

N: “Why do you need my card?!”

Co-worker: “Because that’s what we have to process the refund through on”

N: “But I’m skint! I need the money now!”

Me: “It’ll take 3 to 4 days for it to come through”

N: “I need that money now! NOW!”

Me: “unfortunately, because you paid on card it has to go back on card. We don’t give cash alternatives, nor do we give gift cards.”

N: “But I’m SKINT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND”

Co-worker: “There you go, that’s all done for you.”

N: “*checks receipt* No no no no No! You’ve given me too much; I didn’t pay that much! I don’t want this refund!”

Co-worker: “Thats what it says on your receipt, we’ve given you exactly what you paid back on your card.”

N: “No! I’m telling you I didn’t pay that much! I don’t want to steal! I don’t want to be a thief! HER! *points to me* ASK YOUR COLLEAGUE!!”

Me: “If it matches your receipt then my colleague is correct.”

N: “BUT IT’S NOT RIGHT! I CARE, CAN’T YOU SEE THAT I CARE?!”

She then storms off, loudly crying.

Over a refund that she demanded we give her, so we gave her.

I will never understand customers.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!