Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #95704

| Unfiltered | September 26, 2017

(I’m minding my own business one day when I get a phone call from a number I don’t recognize. I do recognize it as a local number via the area code so I decide to answer it in case it is my college administration office.)
Me: Hello this is [My Name]!
Caller: Hello I’m [Name] calling from [Unintelligible Company Name]. I’m calling because the warranty on your car is about to expire and I have a great offer for you!
(I realize this is a scam immediately for several reasons but I decide to play along just to see where this is going.)
Me: Really? Huh that is strange! Which car is it you said had a warranty about to expire?
Caller: Well I need to verify some information first.
Me: No no I want to know which one it is.
Caller: Ma’am I need to verify information first. Which car do you use the most?
Me: I ain’t sayin’ until you tell ME which car has a warranty about to expire.
Caller: The verification process i-
Me: (Fed up) Listen. First off my car is less than a year old so there is NO WAY my warranty is about to expire. Second I don’t even OWN a car, it’s my mothers technically. Third my mother just so happens to be the WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR for the company we BOUGHT the car from so if the warranty on my MOTHER’S LESS THAN ONE YEAR OLD CAR is about the expire I better tell her she can’t do her job because you would think the woman IN CHARGE of warranties would realize her own was about to expire. Now, is there anything else you would like to try to sell me?
Caller: (Hangs up)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!