Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #93724

, , | Unfiltered | September 17, 2017

Phew!!! Had a rather large, (50rs old) blonde lady come in today with three very rowdy children. The kids pull things off the shelves and toss it on the floor, and she just ignores it and keeps walking. Fifteen minutes later, she comes up to my register (even though we have clear signs pointing to the line)
Me: (Helping another customer) “Okay your total is $20-”
Woman: “Hey. HEY YOU.”
Both the customer and I looked at her.
Me: “Hi there Ma’am, did you need something?”
Woman: “YES. This is the return line right?????”
(Quick explanation, other stores have a separate line for returns and purchases. However, since we are a very new store, I was instructed to let people know that the returns and the purchases will be in the same line for now.)
Me: “Sorry Ma’am, I know other stores have the separate lines, but here you can just go into the regular line and any one of our employees will help you o-”
Woman: (Throws her hands up in the air)”UGH. COME ON GUYS”
(She grabs one of the kids and drags him to the purchase line.)
Woman: *talking very loudly* This is why I HATE [retail store], it’s SO MESSY and I can’t even find the LINE. UGHHH.”
Me: (helping other customers out, I see her go to my coworker to do her return.)
Woman: “Hey WHERES YOUR MANAGER???”
Coworker: “Oh!!! My supervisor is over there (pointing to me) if you have a question?”
Woman: *Looks at me* ” UGH no not her!!!”
(ouch?)
Manager comes over
Manager: “Hi, what can I help you with toda-”
Woman: ” Yes yes!!!! That girl over there said that the returns and purchases are in the same line, but I don’t believe her!!! Look your signs say purchases here and her sign says returns!!!! Why is she being racist?!!!”
Manager: * looking baffled* “Sorry, but she is correct, the returns and purchases are in the same line for now. It’s only because we’re a new store.”
Manager leaves while the lady huffs.
As I’m working with another customer, the lady comes over to me
Woman : “You better get rid of that nasty attitude you and your ‘manager’ have. You’re disgusting.” She leaves.
Me:*feeling rather baffled and incredulous *”Er……..??????”
Customer: “I think that one has a problem..”
Me : “….Definitely”

….im still confused, how was I rude or….racist??

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!