Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #93703

, , | Unfiltered | September 14, 2017

(This happens about three months into my employment at a popular national chain. This location has been up for less than a year. Per company policy, we only have two types of coffee after 2pm, but we recently were told we could adjust for our market, so we switched which coffees and the timing based on our typical sales. Now we stop serving two types at 11am, but we will always brew a fresh pot upon request, no matter what time or type.
This customer has come in many times since I’ve started working, and every time she comes in, it’s after our cutoff for coffees and she raises hell about it. The first time, I was in tears at 24 years old because she was shouting and very angry. This time, things went differently.)
Customer: *yelling during a quiet rush* Why is it that you don’t have any coffee up, again??
Me: We can brew a fresh pot of which flavor you’d like, but we do st–
Customer: *shouting over me* I shouldn’t HAVE to ask! This is unheard of!!
Me: *still pleasant and smiling and knowing what she’s about to say* I’m sorry, but our market doesn’t sell as well as–
Customer: I’VE GONE TO [store chain] IN FLORIDA, AND IN ILLINOIS, AND THEY HAVE NEVER PULLED COFFEE BEFORE AND I SHOULDN’T HAVE TO ASK FOR COFFEE TO BE BREWED!!
Manager: Ma’am if you can step over here with me–
Customer: *ignores the manager and still shouting* I know how your store works you can’t just pull coffee, I should report you to the Better Business Bureau for this!!
Manager: *loudly* Ma’am, step over here and let me explain to you. *She finally steps over by him, and he is quietly telling her she is causing issues every time she comes in and yells at employees, as well as the coffee policy and how we always are willing to brew her a fresh pot*
Customer: *yelling* I’m not yelling! I’ve never yelled at anyone here!!
Manager: *still quietly* If you are going to keep yelling at me and my team, you are going to be shown out.
Customer: *starts yelling again*
Manager: *pointing to the door* Goodbye.
Customer: *silently walks out, escorted by the manager*
Me and Coworker: Thank goodness!!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!