Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #93334

, , | Unfiltered | September 7, 2017

(I live in a city in the UK notorious for only having one Internet/phone provider. This Internet provider will let other company’s use their lines but only if they pay them a very high line rental, which the other companies won’t do. I’ve been getting a lot of cold callers, trying to get me to change provider. I normally just hang up but this time I decided to see where it went.)

Me: “Hello?”

Caller: “Hello, am I speaking to Mrs. Brown?”

Me: “I’m sorry; they’re not known at this number.”

Caller: “I am calling [my phone number].”

Me: “You are, but they’re not known at this number.”

Caller: “Are you the one responsible for the telephone bill?”

Me: “I am.”

Caller: “I am calling because I can offer you a great deal on your home telephone.”

Me: “No you can’t, mate. I’m in [city].”

Caller: “Oh, you’re in [city] right now?”

Me: “I am.”

Caller: “So you’re with [internet/phone provider]?”

Me: “Yup!”

Caller: “Oh, I’m sorry then. I can’t offer you a deal on your home phone.”

(They didn’t call back again and I hope the guy told his higher ups not to call anyone with our area code as they can’t sell to us.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!