Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #93146

, | Unfiltered | September 9, 2017

My friends and I buy tickets to a concert, not realizing it is at a bar and they won’t let anyone in who is underage, including my male friend. I am female, and recently lost my ID, got a new one, and then found my old ID, so I have two copies. My male friend and I don’t really look alike, but he has long, wavy hair about the same length and color as mine and similar eyeglasses. The bar is dark and the bouncer usually doesn’t do more than glance at the ID before letting people in, so we decide to try to sneak him in with my extra ID. He is in the middle of our group trying to get in and so far, the bouncer is barely looking at anyone’s IDs, so all is going to plan. My friend is next, and hands the bouncer my ID. The bouncer looks at the ID, back at my friend, back at the ID, and back at my friend again.

Bouncer (indicating my ID): “This is a girl.”
Friend: “…Oh.”

The bouncer returns my ID to my friend and he walks away dejectedly. We did manage to sneak him in after the show started, by drawing the hand stamp on him, but we made sure to pull his hair back and remove his glasses, so he wasn’t recognized as “the guy who tried to use a girl’s ID.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!