Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #92605

, , | Unfiltered | September 3, 2017

At that time I worked for a company which sells computer specifically designed for old people and computer noobs (with a specific user interface very simple, with big buttons and all functionnalities color coded) and did a little lvl2 tech support for them in addition to developpement.
So we get calls from people who had never touch a computer before…

Caller: hello, a messaged appeared when I tried to print something and said that I need to change the cartridge of my printer.
Me: Yes sir, your cartridge must be empty. What is the brand and model of your printer?
Caller : its [brand name]
Me: Allright, and the model? It should be just after the brand on the front or on a white paper panel on the back.
Caller: I don’t find it…
Me: that’s no problem, what color is your printer? (I open a google picture search and look for all printers to find his model)
Caller: Black
Me: Ok, is the printer rather squared or rectangular?
Caller: I don’t know…
Me: is it wider than high?
(after a good 15 minutes of this kind of question, I actually find his model)
Me: Ok, so this model is pretty simple, you just have to go buy a black [Brand] [Model] cartridge, open the little lid in front of the printer (and another 10 minutes of discussion to explain him step by step how to do it) And that’s all
Caller: That’s too much of a hassle! I will just buy a new printer it will be easier!
Me: (after loosing more than 30mn with him for nothing) You could do that sir, but it will cost you much more than just replacing the cartridge!
Caller: It’s not worth the hassle, I don’t want to loose my time! bye!

Thanks for making me loose my time sir…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!