Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #91961

, | Unfiltered | August 27, 2017

(It is company policy not to return baby milk (both powdered and liquid) for safety reasons. Even if the seal is on the milk, we cannot guarantee it hasn’t been tampered with. This causes a few issues, as people get quite angry when they’re told we will not refund them for the milk. It should be noted that these products are sold in every supermarket and locally owned corner shop. Also, the Supermarket I work for put security tags on their clothes disguised in the form of little cardboard tags that have the brand name on, and have security tags inside. My coworker deals with this lady.)

Customer: Hi, I brought this baby milk and found the weirdest thing inside when I opened it! It’s quite dangerous in my opinion. Is it ok to get a refund?

Coworker: Well it’s actually company policy not to return milk for any reason. What was wrong with it?

Customer: I found one of your security tags inside when I opened it!

Coworker: Errrr.. Ok. So the seal was broken already?

Customer: No, that’s the weird thing! The seal was intact. Here, I have my receipt for it.

(My coworker rang a manager. Unfortunately, despite the fact she was obviously lying in order to get a refund, we couldn’t accuse her of it due to “keeping the customer happy”. The manager said to just refund it but to take down her details. I get that’s it’s annoying if you pick up the wrong milk, and can’t get a refund. But at least come up with a plausible lie!!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!