Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #87839

, | Unfiltered | June 1, 2017

I work as a Lifeguard and was cleaning the cubicles ready for the evening length swim. I had taken all mats out, put cleaner on the floor and had the wet vac out ready. We put a sign out telling customers that we are cleaning and could they please use the other cubicles.

A customer gets out of the pool with her two children and starts to go into one of the cubicles I am cleaning.

Me: Hi, sorry, but I am cleaning these so if you don’t mind could you go to the other cubicles.

Child of customer: But we can get changed in here right?

Me: Um, no. I am cleaning these. You need to go down to the other cubicles.

Mother, looking at me with evils: What! The ones that drip!

Me: Yeah, sorry, but these have cleaning chemicals on the floor and I wouldn’t want your children walking in them.

Mother: just looked at me as if she hated me so I said meekly ‘I have cleaned the one at the end so go in there’.

She went in there and then proceeded to call her husband to tell him what had happened. He came storming in ready to have a go. I think he got there and realised that she was a going a bit overboard. The outcome was that I couldn’t finish cleaning the cubicles so everybody who came in for the evening session had to use the drippy cubicles because of her.

PS Her husband always looks slightly embarrassed when he comes in now.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!