Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67461

Unfiltered | March 7, 2017

(I work at a local gas station and am only three days on the job. The gas station has a rewards program where a customer can pay for gas either in the store or at the pump. One of the pumps is beeping meaning there is something wrong.)

Me: *over the intercom* Pump 9 can you please hang up your nozzle and swipe your card again?

(Minutes pass, and the beeping continues.)

Me: Pump 9, please hang up your nozzle.

(A Customer comes into the store, looking irate and has left the nozzle in her car.)

Me: Ma’am, I’m going to have to ask you to hang up your nozzle please.

Customer: Why?

Me: Well, it’s a safety thing. We can’t have pumps unattended outside.

Customer: *stony glare* Where does it say that outside?

Me: Er, well I don’t know, ma’am. But it’s something that I was told when I started here.

Customer: *doesn’t listen to me and proceeds to demand that I process her gas transaction via points. She won’t tell me how much she wants me to put on the pump*

Me: How much would you like me to put on it?

Customer: I don’t know. Just process it.

Me: I’m afraid that I can’t unless I know how much you put in there.

Customer: *getting increasingly annoyed and rude* Well, i don’t know how much will be put in there!

Me: Hang on, i’ll get someone to help you.

(I call my manager on duty and he proceeds to take over my transaction while the customer loudly complains about me and my overwhelming amount of sheer stupidity and how I was able to be hired at all. I am in tears and my co-worker notices)

Co-Worker: Come on, honey. We can work in the back.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!