Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67424

Unfiltered | January 20, 2017

(We have a to go service at our restaurant where people call the hostess stand, we get them a server, and then the customer comes in and pays the manager since they’re the only ones allowed access to the register.)

Me: Thank you for calling the Ihop in (Town Name), this is (My Name) How can I help-

Customer: Get me a manager.

Me: Okay, can I just have your name and messag-

Customer: *scoffs* IT’S (her name) AND I WANT TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR MY FOOD.

Me: Alright, I’ll be right back with a server to take your order.

(A minute later, I return with a server, but the customer hung up. The server leaves, and the phone rings again.)

Me: Thank you for-

Customer: I JUST WANT TO ORDER MY FOOD, WHY CAN’T YOU TAKE MY ORDER?

Me: I’m a hostess. I don’t deal with the food. But I’ve got a server for you, I’ll put her on now.

Customer: Ugh, FINE. Get the server.

(The server takes the customer’s order and tells her it will be fifteen minutes.) (Thirty minutes go by, and we’re packed. She finally shows up fifteen minutes after her food’s done and starts yelling at me as I’m trying to seat people.)

Customer: *pulls out money*

Me: Hold on a minute, miss, I just need to get a manager for you-

Customer: I JUST WANT TO PAY!

Me: I’m sorry, but I don’t have a key to the register and if the owner saw me handling money, I’d be fired on the spot. I will get you a manager right away.

Customer: *yelling at me* THIS IS RIDICULOUS YOU HAVE SO MANY STUPID RULES I’M STANDING UP HERE AND MY FOOD’S GETTING COLD AND I JUST WANT TO PAY WHY WON’T YOU TAKE MY MONEY- (I get the manager)

Manager: Hello, ma’am, you know the drill.

Customer: *suddenly sugary sweet* Yes, here you go. You have so many rules, though. I’m waiting up here and my food’s getting cold.

Manager: Unfortunately, that’s just the way we gotta do things here. Enjoy your day!

(She does this every weekend.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!