Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67393

Unfiltered | December 21, 2016

(We get asked for this attraction a lot, and we’re used to hearing variations on the name of it – mainly due to tourists confusing the name of the mountain with the name of the National Park).

Customer: Hello!

Me: Bore da, good morning – how are you today?

Customer: I’m great, I am actually looking for information on the Snowdonia Upwards Steamway

Me: Oh sure thing – we’ve got leaflets and booking information right over here!

(I guide her over to all the literature we have on the attraction and surrounding area, and place a leaflet for the attraction itself in her hand).

Me: There you go! Now, would you be interested in any of these [nearby attractions] whilst you’re in ]town]? Some of them are free entry and since [town] is a good 50 miles from us, it’d be a great way to make a day of it!

Customer (frowning and looking at the leaflet I handed her): No, this isn’t right. This isn’t it at all.

Me: Madam, you asked me for the mountain railway – I’ve given you the leaflet for it.

Customer: No, I asked for the Snowdonia Upwards Steamway. This says ‘Snowdon Mountain Railway’.

Me: Well, I presumed that was what you meant. There are no other rack-and-pinion steam railways in the United Kingdom. If you want to get to the summit of Mount Snowdon by steam train, I can assure you that this is the only way you can do it.

Customer: No, I am absolutely positive it is not called this. Are you SURE you don’t have information for the Snowdonia Upwards Steamway?

Me: Once again, ma’am, I can assure you this is the only ‘upwards’ steam train within the National Park. It goes from [town] to the summit of Mount Snowdon. All other steam railways in the area are preserved, and run from slate mines to coastal towns. They do not summit any mountains. If you’re not sure, I suggest you phone them to double check.

Customer: I will do. If you’re lying to me I shall be coming back here in the week to lodge a complaint.

Me: I look forward to it madam. In the meantime, I hope you have a great holiday!

(She never came back)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!