Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67344

Unfiltered | October 31, 2016

(there is a state law that does not allow smoking in any public place. Because of this law, we have fines for anybody caught smoking in their room. The following conversation occured after a guest was charged the fine).

FD: Thank you for calling (hotel name) how can I help you?

Guest: I just looked at my credit card statement and you guys charged me (fee).

FD: Okay, let me check on that for you. May I have your name?

Guest: (name)

FD: It looks like you were charged a fee for smoking in your room.

Guest: I did NOT smoke in my room. I don’t even smoke.

FD: Do any of the people you were traveling with smoke?

Guest: WE DIDN’T SMOKE IN THE ROOM!

FD: Ma’am, we found a cigarette butt on the vanity

Guest: Well one of your housekeepers must have put it there! They must have smoked in the room! We didn’t smoke in the room! I don’t even smoke!

FD: Ma’am I assure you none of our staff smoked in your room. None of the employees in the hotel that day are smokers, and they wouldn’t smoke in a room if they were.

Guest: It had to be one of your housekeepers! I demand you refund this!

FD: Ma’am, it is against state law to smoke in a public building. We will not be refunding the fee.

Guest: This is outrageous! I don’t even smoke! You’ll hear from my lawyers! I’m going to sue you for all your worth!

(The guest hung up and we never did hear from her lawyers).

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!