Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67293

Unfiltered | September 10, 2016

(I work as a cashier at a grocery store chain and I was coming back to my register from the bathroom when I saw an older woman looking for a place to checkout.)

Me: “Ma’am, I can help you over here.”

(I got back to my register and flicked on my light)

Customer: (Happily placing her 3 items on the conveyor belt) “Thank you for taking me!”

Me: “No problem!” (Trying to save a bag, I put her quart of milk and carton of half-n-half in a bag and then tilted the large plastic box containing 3 apple fritter donuts to fit in the bag, which caused the donuts to overlap slightly in the box.)

Customer: *exploding* “Are you serious?! (She grabs the donuts out of the bag and puts it in another bag herself.) I can’t BELIEVE this! When I first saw you I thought you looked like you knew how to do it right, but boy was I wrong! You need to be retrained in how to bag groceries! I can’t even believe this just happened!”

Me: *dumbfounded* “I’m so sorry ma’am…here’s your change. Have a nice day.”

(Customer glares at me and then storms off, shaking her head in disbelief as if I had just committed the worst crime imaginable.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!