Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67265

Unfiltered | August 13, 2016

Two clients walk into our office with their book orders in hand. People can walk in and pick up books as needed, or they can submit an official order. Mind you, most book orders are turned in at the beginning of April, and it is now May.

Customer: “I need you to get me these books.”

Me: “Alright.” I scan the list before replying, “I have all but these eight (very popular and always-on-back-order from our supplier) books. I can give you all the others and then place an order for the last eight.”

Customer: “Seriously? The last time I was in here, <office associate> told me that she would have to order those books if I wanted them.”

Me: “You were in here before and she told you that then?”

Customer: “Yeah. I was in here a month ago, but she didn’t have those eight, so I told her I’d call back and place an order after I discussed the problem with my supervisor.”

Me: “I’m sorry. I don’t see your order here.”

Customer: “Oh, no. I didn’t ever call back to place the order. I just thought you’d finally have those books in.”

Me: “So, after <office associate> told you that these very popular books were back ordered, you didn’t call to place an order to make sure we’d have some available for you, and now you’re hoping that we’d just have some sitting around?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Why don’t we step over here and fill out an official order form?”

Customer: “No, I don’t want to order books until you have them all in stock and ready to sell whenever I come to this office. I’ll call back when <office associate> is here. She’s knows what she’s doing.”

She walked out the door and immediately called my office associate, who told her the same thing I did. She still hasn’t called back to place an official order.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!