Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67182

Unfiltered | May 18, 2016

(I work in a fast casual restaurant that serves soups, sandwiches, pizzas, and salads. It’s pretty obvious from the design of the restaurant and the menu that this is just a Panera Bread type of place and not some sit-down steakhouse restaurant.)

Me: Hello, how are you?

Customer: Do you have a gluten-free menu?

(I hand her a list of gluten free items. She glances at it and then begins looking at the actual menu. She starts looking under a sign that clearly says “Soups”).

Customer: Ooh, loaded potato! I want that!

Me: I’m sorry, but our soups are not gluten-free.

Customer: Oh. That’s a soup? I thought it was just a baked potato.

(She then starts looking at something under a heading that clearly says “sandwiches”.)

Customer: Grilled chicken. Can I have that?

Me: Well, that’s a sandwich…

Customer: Oh, really? It’s not just a grilled chicken breast?

Me: No, it’s just sliced grilled chicken on a sandwich. But, if that is what you really want, we can just make it without the bread.

(She agrees. I then ask her what side item she wants since all of our sandwiches come with a side. They are all listed on the menu.)

Customer: Do you have broccoli?

Me: No, sorry. (I list all of the side item choices for her since she clearly did not read them.)

Customer: Do you have french fries?

(I feel like saying, “wouldn’t I have just said that if we did?” but I refrain from doing so. She finally decides to just get chips and goes on her way. At least she didn’t come back to complain about anything, so I guess she was satisfied in the end).

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!