Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67131

Unfiltered | March 20, 2016

(As well as printing services, my copy shop also offers some office services, including faxes. The prices are quite a bit higher than people expect them to be though, so if I see a customer with a large stack of faxing, I ALWAYS advise them of the price before faxing, and the prices are listed right on the self-serve fax machine)

Customer: I need to fax these papers to my insurance company, can you help me?

Me: Certainly!

Customer: Well, how much will this cost?

Me: do you know how many pages you have?

Customer: No! Oh it doesn’t matter, I absolutely have to send these!

Me: Are you sure ma’am? That’s quite a lot of papers, and the price is $1.49 for the first page and $1.29 for each additonal.

Customer: Just send them!

(I scan all of the pages through, and the machine begins to dial)

Customer: Oh, I’m just so worried about the price!

Me: Well ma’am, there’s still time for me to stop the fax and count your pages so I can give you an estimate first.

Customer: No, no, I HAVE to send these!

Me: If you’re sure…

(The fax completes, and ring the customer up)

Me: That will be $XX.XX

Customer: WHAT!? That’s outrageous! I’m not paying that! Get me a manager right away, you should have told me it would be that much!

(thankfully my manager asked for my side of the story, and after pointing out that I had offered quotes twice, warned the woman of the expense AND the prices were posted where she could plainly see them, the customer huffily paid the full amount)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!