Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67071

Unfiltered | January 20, 2016

(I work in a cafe where you can get 1/2 a sandwich served with a soup or salad.)

Customer: I want a ham & Swiss cheese sandwich on whole grain with mustard.

Me: Alright ma’am, would you like a whole one or half with a soup or salad?

Customer: I dunno, let me go ask my mom.

(The customer was in her mid-40s but I assumed she was getting food for her mother. Usually this is fine, but there is a line forming, seeing how it’s almost lunch.)

Her: Half with a soup.

Me: Okay, & on that sandwich, do you want lettuce, tomato, & –
Her *interrupting me*: No! *starts poking the air between us & raising her voice* I said I wanted a ham & Swiss sandwich with mustard and lettuce on whole grain.

Me: Okay… Anything to drink?

Her: 2 drinks.

(After getting her to pay an whatnot, I’m putting away the cash in my drawer.)

Her: Where do I get the drinks?

Me *pointing*: Down the hall.

Her: You know, you could be a bit nicer! This is my first time here and it is Christmas.

(I didn’t say anything, but I wanted to point out to her that it is the Christmas season, but there were still two day left until Christmas, so it wasn’t Christmas.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!