Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67067

Unfiltered | January 16, 2016

(A middle-aged female customer comes in with a bag that has a game in it.)

Customer: Hi, I want to return this.

(I take the game out of the bag, it’s Wii Sports.)

Me: Alright, what’s the reason? Were you not satisfied, did it not work…?

Customer: It’s not the right one. I wanted the one that had pool. The man that sold to it to me at the other store told me it had pool on it.

Me: Ah, I apologize for that. It seems that he was mistaken, as this one doesn’t have pool in it.

Customer: Do you have the one with pool?

Me: Let me check… We have the Wii Play game, which does have billiards among the minigames included.

Customer: No, no, I want the Wii Sports that has the pool.

Me: …I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand. Wii Sports is this one here that you’re returning.

Customer: I know, but I want the Wii Sports with pool.

Me: The Wii Sports game has Golf, Tennis, Bowling, Boxing, and Baseball, but not Pool.

Customer: Yes, I know this one doesn’t have it, but do you have the one that does?

Me: Uh… Maybe this one?

(I already know she’s incredibly mistaken, but try to find a way around saying that to her, and show her Wii Sports Resort, which I already know doesn’t have Pool)

Customer: No, it’s not that one. It’s Wii Sports, that’s the name of the game. I remember I had it when I first got the Wii system; it came in the box.

(I now know there’s no way to sidestep the confrontation about to happen.)

Me: I’m sorry, I don’t know what to tell you. The Wii Sports game that was originally packed with the Wii never had a billiards game.

Customer: Well, I know I had it.

Me: Then I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Customer: Whatever. You’re wrong.

(She looks around and flags down a coworker, and basically asks him the same question, about “Wii Sports with Pool,” and gets the same exact answer.)

Customer: You’re wrong, too!

(She gets yet ANOTHER coworker, and the process repeats.)

Customer: I can’t believe you don’t have the game I want. Let me just get the Wii Play, then.

(I’ve had people insist that they were correct before, but never after having been proven wrong by no less than three employees!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!