Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67052

Unfiltered | January 2, 2016

(I was a manager at a game store a few years back. In this case I was opening by myself as it was a small store and during the week, so we weren’t busy. It’s 8:30 in the morning as I’m counting down the registers. A man carrying a mid-sized box walked up to the front of the store, and following him are his two kids, about 4 or 5 years old. He walked up to the store and yanks on the handle, but the front door is locked.)

Man: “What the f***!”

(He yanks on the door a few times and starts beating his fist on the glass)

Customer: “HEY!? Open the f****** Store! I got s*** to sell!”

(I go up to the door)

Me: “I’m sorry sir, but we aren’t open yet, we will be open at 9 if you want to come back then?”

Customer: “F*** that! Just open the damn door, I gotta sell my s***.”

Me; “I’m sorry, I’m not allowed to open the store early, and the registers are not even on yet, so I wouldn’t be able to ring you up. Please, come back at 9 when we are open.”

Customer: “What the f***? C’mon! just open up already!”

Me: “I’m sorry sir, we will open at 9. Please excuse me as I still have to get the store ready.”

(I leave him at the front and return to doing the opening procedure. The whole time I am doing this he is standing right outside cussing loudly and occasionally knocking on the door with his fist. He’s not being violent, just impatient. The whole time his kids are just quietly standing next to him.

Finally 9 o’clock comes and I go and open the door.)

Customer: “About d*** time! Here, I wanna trade these in and get cash.”

Me: “Ok, just to let you know, if you get cash it’ll be 10% less than store credit.”

Customer: “Yeah, thats fine, just hurry up.”

(i pull open the box and sort through his stuff. The 30 some odd games are all old, as is the system, and it’s all in terrible condition, especially the controllers. The whole time he’s pacing back and forth in front of the counter. I add it all to the register and it gives me back a total amount. )

Me: “Ok, sir. It looks like a lot of your games are old, so they aren’t worth much, and the system and about half of the games will need to be sent out for repair. Minus the 10% for cash-back, and you’re looking at a total of $12.”

Customer: “You’ve got to be f****** kidding me?! Do you have any idea how much I paid for all this s***?! You have to give me more than that!”

Me: “I’m sorry sir, but a lot of these games just aren’t worth anything since there have been several newer versions since these came out, and your system just isn’t working correctly, you’d get closer to $15 if you went with store credit.”

Customer: “d***, can’t you just give me more for them? I really need the cash.”

Me: “Sorry, I have no control over the prices, this is what corporate gives me, and I can’t change them.”

Customer: “S***!”

(He turns away from the counter, and cusses again. Suddenly he quickly turns towards the counter again, grabs the defective controller and throws it at my head! I ducked, and it missed me, but hit the display on the back counter knocking down dozens of game cases. I’m crouched down behind the counter and he just grabs his daughter’s hand and walks out the front door. He tries to slam the door behind him, but he accidentally closes it on his son, who falls down and starts to cry. the Customer opens the door again and grabs his son)

Customer: “Get the f*** up already! We’re leaving!”

(He walks away and I never see him again, and he left behind his system and games too! The Store Manager just threw them away.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!