Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67044

Unfiltered | December 24, 2015

(I’m in a worldwide fast-food chain early in the morning. While I’ve never worked at this restaraunt in particular, I do work in the food industry, and I know how this chain makes coffee. I’m waiting in line and a customer is in front of me.)

Customer: I want a large coffee with cream and sugar and a muffin.

Cashier: Okay, your total is (total) and it’ll be three minutes for your coffee, we’re brewing a fresh pot!

Customer: (Suddenly mad) THAT’S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I WANT MY COFFEE NOW! YOU CHOULD CHANGE YOUR METHODS HERE SO THAT THERE’S ALWAYS COFFEE AVAILABLE! THIS IS (expletive)! YOU SHOULD BE FIRED!

(The poor cashier is probably only 15 or 16 years old and looks like they’re about to burst into tears. I’m a manager in my own restaraunt who has to deal with this sort of behavior all the time and I can’t stand it anymore.)

Me: (To the angry customer) Hey, man, relax! You’re getting a fresh pot of coffee.

Customer: (To me) I’M VERY BUSY YOU LITTLE (expletive)! I LEFT MY CAR RUNNING IN THE PARKING LOT!

Me: You can’t wait three minutes?

Customer: NO! (Storms out)

Me: (Turns toward the cashier) Don’t worry about customers like that. They’re jerks and you’ve done nothing wrong.

Cashier: Thank you!

(He gave me a coffee for free! I occasionally see him early in the morning and he’s always super awesome at customer service,)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!