Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67000

Unfiltered | November 10, 2015

(I work in a beauty store that sells hair, makeup, skincare, and bath products. I have been complimented in the past on my friendly service and my willingness to help customers. A lady had come in asking for good quality makeup brushes that aren’t too pricey.)

Me: (showing her our selection of lower-priced brushes) “I have had good luck with the [brand] brushes, and they are a lower price point as well.”

Customer: “These brushes are s**t. I have used them before. What else do you have?”

Me: (pointing out another brand next to the brushes I had just showed her) “These ones are nice too. I have heard many good things about them.”

Customer: “Those aren’t what I’m looking for.”

Me: “Okay. We have many brands and types of brushes in the store, so I am sure we can find you something. What kind of brush do you have in mind?”

Customer: “Ones for eyeshadow.”

Me: “Do you prefer the fluffy ones for blending, or the stiffer ones for application?”

Customer: (She is getting exasperated) “I don’t know! Just show me what else you have.”

(After showing the customer all the brands in the store that are of okay-quality and cheaper than others, she still was not satisfied with any. They were either too expensive or not of good enough quality.)

Me: “Some brands are a bit pricier because they are of better quality. The same holds true with many products. I have showed you the makeup brushes we carry that are lower priced, but maybe it wouldn’t hurt to splurge on a brush that you might be more satisfied with.”

Customer: “I should NOT have to pay that much for a f***ing eyeshadow brush. That’s ridiculous!”

Me: I know that some are out of the price range that you are looking to spend, but we do guarantee all of our products. If you try it and don’t like it, you can bring it back to us.”

Customer: “I live all the way in [city]. I am NOT coming back here to return a brush I don’t like!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. I have showed you all the brands that are in your budget range, and none are what you are looking for. I am not sure how to help you.”

Customer: “You people are supposed to be HELPFUL! I came in here looking for something, and you are just going to turn me away?!”

Me: “That is not my intent. I am just not sure what it is you are looking for.”

Customer: “I am looking for a good makeup brush that is cheap. Apparently that’s too much to ask.”

Me: “I apaologize, but I have already showed you all the inexpensive makeup brushes in the store, and none are to your liking. I wish there was something I could do for you.”

Customer: “You know what? FINE! This is the worst customer service I have ever gotten! I’ll look somewhere else where someone might actually be able to HELP ME!”

(She storms off, and gives me the finger as she leaves.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!