Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #66987

Unfiltered | October 28, 2015

(A restaurant down the road from the one I work at has a menu item nearly identical to one of ours, for over a dollar cheaper. To advertise it, they hire someone to stand on the road waving a sign with the menu item on it. This leads to confusion from some customers that walk in, until we explain it’s for the other restaurant. This typically ends the conversation, until one day, a customer walks in.)

Customer: What’s this sign I saw about your [price] special?

Me: Oh, I’m sorry ma’am, that’s for [other restaurant]. Our current special is [other price].

Customer: But I SAW a sign that said you had a special for [price], now what is it!

Me: It’s for [other restaurant]. For that price, you could get [other menu item] from us.

(The customer starts clapping her hands to accentuate what she’s saying)

Customer: I don’t think y’all UNDERSTAND ME! I SAW A SIGN that said Y’ALL had a SPECIAL for [price] and I WANT THAT SPECIAL!! So WHY ain’t you RINGING ME UP for the SPECIAL?!

(A manager on duty decides to intervene)

Manager: Ma’am, I;m sorry, but we don’t have that special, it;s for [other restaurant]. If you would please calm down–

Customer: I AIN’T GONNA CALM DOWN CAUSE Y’ALL TOO F***ING STUPID TO NOT KNOW YOU GOT A SIGN ON THE ROAD FOR A [price] SPECIAL!! NOW GET ME MY [price] SPECIAL CAUSE I’M THE CUSTOMER AND I SAY SO!!

Manager and Me: But it’s for–

Customer: DID I SAY YOU COULD TALK! I’M TALKING HERE! GET ME A [price] SPECIAL RIGHT THE F*** NOW!!

(Other customers start laughing around the customer, making her angrier)

Manager: We don’t have a [price] special. We just don’t.

Customer: WELL WHY DIDN’T YOU F***ING SAY SO BEFORE!! NOW I WANT FREE FOOD CAUSE Y’ALL TOO F***ING IGNORANT ABOUT YOUR OWN D*** SIGNS!!

(In the end, the manager drags the customer from the doors while she screams and struggles. The rest of us finally break down laughing at her expense.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!