Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #66974

Unfiltered | October 15, 2015

(We’re changing shifts when the phone rings. My coworker is polite, but no nonsense when it comes to rude customers.)

Coworker: “Hello this is [hotel]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “I stayed there, and I saw my bill. What’s this about parking fees?”

Coworker: “If you park in our garage, you have to pay the fee.”

Customer: “Well no one told me! I demand this off my bill!”

Coworker: “Sorry you have to pay if you use it. It’s not fair to the people who have paid if I waive it.”

Customer: “That’s not right! I’ll sue!”

Coworker: “Do as you wish.”

Customer: “You are VERY F**king rude. What is your name?!”

Coworker: “I don’t have to tell you. I’m disconnecting this call for obscene language.” *to me* “I’m going.” *leaves*

Me: “Ok?” *phone rings* “Hello thank you for–”

Same Customer: “I DEMAND YOUR NAME b****! HOW DARE YOU HANG UP ON ME!”

Me: “You spoke to my coworker earlier? My name is [name]. Hers is [name].”

Same Customer: “Ha! Now I got your name. I’m going to take your job, b****!” *hangs up*

(I told my manager what happened, and he checked his email. Sure enough, there was one from corporate, with a complaint from the woman, claiming I had swore at her on the phone. She got her fee waived, but she didn’t take my job!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!