Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time To Put Him Straight-ener

| Working | February 1, 2017

(I’m walking through the mall by myself. As I am extremely shy, I walk with my head down to avoid making eye contact with the vendors standing in the walking area trying to sell various lotions, shirts, etc. Unfortunately one vendor, a young man most likely in his early twenties, happens to be very persistent with trying to get sales and actually grabs my arm.)

Seller: “Hello, miss! Would you like to learn about an amazing hair straightener?”

Me: “Um, no, thanks.”

Seller: *trying to pull me closer to his stand* “Oh, you’ll love this straightener! It works like magic!”

(I am really uncomfortable with this, but I don’t want to be rude and just walk away. I pull myself free from his grasp and sort of back away, but he is really persistent.)

Seller: “Do you want to be beautiful?”

Me: “No.”

Seller: “Do you want to be in love?”

Me: “No.”

Seller: “Have you ever been in love?”

Me: “No.”

Seller: “Not yet?”

Me: “What does this even have to do with the straighteners?”

Seller: “This straightener will make you gorgeous! All the boys will just love your hair and I’m absolutely 100% positive you’ll find the man of your dreams. All you have to do is buy this straightener and you’ll fall in love. It’s a guarantee.”

Me: “Uh… no, thanks.”

Seller: “Don’t you want to be in love?”

Me: “Not if I have to buy a straightener.”

(The seller was left speechless and just stared at me for a moment, not knowing exactly what to say after that. I used that silence to turn around and hurry away before he had a chance to start talking again.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!