Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’re One Sharp Cookie

| Working | October 28, 2016

(I’m at a grocery store shopping and almost the whole time I am there can hear what sounds like kids yelling pretty loudly. It actually sounds like they are riding a roller coaster with the noises they were making. I round the corner to look at frozen pizza and find the source of the noise is two young girls, probably three and five years old, sitting in a cart just making a ton of noise while their parents look at pizzas. Shortly after I come down the aisle, a bakery worker comes out of the side of the bakery and right up to the parents.)

Employee: *with the biggest forced smile and cheery voice ever* “Would your children like some free kid’s cookies? We have M&M, chocolate chip, and sugar.”

Mom: *tunes to kids* “Would you guys like some cookies?”

Kids: *finally quiets down* “YES!”

Mom: “Two M&M’s, please.”

Employee: “I’ll be right back.” *she goes back through the bakery door, and comes out a minute later carrying two cookies and hands them to the kids* “You guys have a nice day.”

Mom: “Thank you.”

(The family moves on and the employee goes to stock the bread racks. When I come around the corner she’s on one side of the racks; I’m on the other.)

Me: “I saw what you did there.”

Employee: *giving me a devilish looking smile and in funny sarcastic voice* “I have noooo idea what you may be taking about.”

Me: “Uh-huh.”

Employee: *with a more genuine smile* “You have a nice day, sir.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!