Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57210

Unfiltered | June 22, 2017

I work for a well known supermarket as a delivery driver. My department includes people who work in-store picking the shopping for me to deliver. Overall the “Pick team” is a weird mix of people. Some who have the job to earn money while at uni or college. it also includes people who probably aren’t quite capable of getting better paying work (usually because they lack qualifications and or the ability to do more advanced work) Notable exploits of this group include:

A pick team member threatening to go to HR after he was short paid for turning up to work 30 – 40 minutes late (as shown on his clock in/out record)

One of the pick team swearing at all his co-workers, telling them that once he passes his assessment to be a driver (my job) he wont have to talk to them, and generally acting like the drivers are some elite crew (trust me we’re not)… The assessor had to for the first time actually stop mid assessment because his driving was so dangerous.

One member of the pick team showing a video to his pregnant manager which turned out to be very graphic p*rn. (She reported him to HR but worryingly he could not see that there was anything wrong with his actions).

A picker storing a whole days worth of frozen shopping in the fridge and all the chilled shopping in the freezer thus destroying most of it.

There are many more examples of the strange things these people do, but these are perhaps the best ones.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!