Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57180

Unfiltered | May 24, 2017

I am in the middle of punching in a stocktake in our back office when I hear myself being paged to go down to the front counter. As soon as I am on hte shop floor I have customers pretty much lined up to ask me where stock is, I hear myself getting paged again. When I finally get to the counter Isee just one customer. We always get customers trying to get our more expensive fabrics cheaper, they pull the price tag off.

Cashier “Great you are finally here, I have this fabric, the barcode has been crossed out and I need a price check.”

Me “Have you checked the fabric tables?” *we all usually do our own checks.

Cashier “Uh no”

Me “Ok I’ll do it, I know there’s one with the correct code because I wrote the code on the roll myself, there’s nothing on that roll?”

Cashier ” No. nothing, not even a price, customer says it should be $9/”

Me “No that’s $25”

*I go to the fabric area and find the other roll of the same fabric, there’s nothing on it either. so I take it to the counter trying to remember what the fabric is called.

Cashier “Oh great you found it, what’s the code?”

Me “There’s no code on this either,” *I pick up the original roll she had and look at the crossed out bar code and then notice in my writing next to it a 6 digit number, I key the number in. “There you go, it’s (brand name) at $25.” *the customer finally gets served and leaves the store.

Cashier ” How did you do that”

Me “The code is right there, next to the price”

Cashier “Oh I wondered what those numbers were”.

Me “You told me there was nothing on the roll”

Cashier “It was only 6 numbers, how am I to know it was the code?”

Me “We always use a six digit code so we don’t have to put in the whole barcode”

Cashier ” Oh I forgot”

I guess we should have reminded her about the codes sometime in the 2 years she’d been working for us.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!