Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57167

Unfiltered | May 12, 2017

My mother’s birthday is early May, right around Mother’s Day. One April, I ordered some gourmet strawberries from an online retailer that I had dealt with previously with no problems regarding delivery (especially since I lived in an apartment with a small PO Box at this time) and set up delivery for the Monday after Mother’s Day since we were going to be out of town on her birthday and weren’t going to get back until the Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend.

The delivery day comes and goes, the berries don’t show up. I figure it’s not so big a deal and wait a few days. A week passes, no berries. All this time, I’m frantically checking the package tracking since not only was it a gift, it was perishable. Eventually the tracking updates with “package undeliverable”. Naturally I’m a bit upset at this development, so I e-mail both the shipping company and the retailer hoping to get a refund for the package we never received.

The shipping company responds that they’re very sorry about what happened, but they can’t do anything about it and to contact the retailer. By now, it’s the beginning of June and still no word from the retailer so I send them another email letting them know I never got the order and to please refund payment. I do this once every few weeks without response.

December rolls around and I find an email from the retailer in my inbox. They were sorry I hadn’t gotten my order, would I like them to send me some complimentary berries of my choosing to make up for it? They then went on to suggest contacting the shipping company for help tracking my package. No offer for a refund, no steps I could take to get a refund.

I haven’t purchased anything from them since.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!