Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57119

Unfiltered | March 23, 2017

I used to work at a military mess that also served weddings. The cooks at this particular mess were very lazy, and horrible cooks. The kitchen was filthy. It was so bad while I worked there, that everytime I served a guest I wanted to apologize over the condition of the food. One wedding function, the bride and groom preordered children’s meals. The regular meals were all chicken thighs, with undercooked asparagus and dry potatoes. Not really something small children would enjoy, even if it was cooked properly. All meals have to be ordered in advance, and the kitchen didn’t have any children’s meal ordered on their order script. this was all conveyed to and from the kitchen by the head waitress. So the wedding party ended up getting mcdonalds for the kids. Later, the bride came into the servery to ask the head chef if the lack of kids meals was the kitchens fault, or the brides. Without missing a beat, the head chef turns to the bride and said “I hear you think my food is shit.”

It turns out the head waitress heard the bride tell one of the other parents, “there’s no way my kids are eating this shit” and immediately told the head chef that the bride called her food shit.

The bride was being very polite to the head chef and tried to convey that she was also going to say how nice the food tasted… It truly was horrible food
I only worked there for about a month.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!