Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57073

Unfiltered | January 28, 2017

(It’s Black Friday, and I’ve gone to one of the biggest malls in the United States for the day to go shopping for holiday presents with friends. Contrary to what you’d expect, the mall wasn’t as busy as most places: but it definitely was packed. Around 2 o’clock, we decide to head to the food court and pop into a popular pasta chain. We place our orders in at a machine and sit down to wait. Despite it being later in the afternoon, the restaurant is still very busy. But since I’m with friends and have my drink already, I don’t mind waiting the thirty or so minutes for my food. Eventually, though, it does come out.)

Server: *puts plate in front of me* I’m so sorry about the wait. We’ve been so busy.

Me: It’s perfectly fine! *looks at my plate and realizes something is missing*

Server: Is there anything else I can do for you before I go?

Me: Oh, um, actually, I ordered a brownie with my meal and I didn’t receive it.

Server: You ordered a brownie? I’m so sorry! Let me go get it.

(The server leaves and I dig into my food. It takes a couple minutes before they come back.)

Server: I’m so sorry. We’ve run out of brownies. If you’d like, I can bring you up to the bakery counter and I can help you pick something out to replace it.

Me: *noting how busy it is still* No, it’s okay. I’ll just have a snickerdoodle cookie.

Server: Are you sure?

Me: Yeah! Don’t worry about it.

(The server leaves, and returns another minute later with TWO snickerdoodle cookies. I was so startled that I barely got a ‘thank you so much’ out before he was gone again. Dear server, whoever you are, I hope the rest of your Black Friday went well and you had as decent of customers as I was! I hate to think of the people you dealt with for my flexibility to warrant an additional free dessert.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!