Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57062

Unfiltered | January 7, 2017

(One of my supervisors mentioned this occurrence to me when I came in for my nightly shift at the end of the week)

Caller: Hello, this is (name) from (one of the companies that makes 3rd-party reservations with our hotel). We received multiple complaints from one of our customers regarding a recent stay at your hotel.

Supervisor (tired as it has been a long shift): I’m sorry to hear that. What exactly was the problem the guest had?

Caller: According to our customer, (name of guest), the Night Desk Agent was very rude and didn’t give the guests what they requested at all. I don’t know how you’re training your staff, but this is entirely unacceptable and unprofessional and-

(at this point my Supervisor cut her off, knowing full well that I was the one working and always do my best to help the customers having worked this job for the last three years)

Supervisor: NO, you DON’T KNOW. I’ll have you know (my name) is a PROFESSIONAL and there is no way that these claims are true. You had better check your facts before calling and making outrageous claims about our hardworking employees.

Caller: Well, I-

Supervisor: GOODBYE (hangs up).

(My supervisor called the guests asking about the complaints they had. As she found out, the company that was calling had promised the guests an entirely different room type from an entirely different hotel and were instead given reservations at our hotel. They had actually found me to be quite pleasant and made the best of the situation as it was. What’s more, they mentioned that they had not made ANY of the claims that the caller mentioned when they called about the mix-up. Even if the other supervisors I deal with are relatively unhelpful, the one good supervisor I have makes all the difference)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!