Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57057

Unfiltered | January 9, 2017

(I have been tasked with researching and ordering new nameplate holders for all the cubicles and desks in our entire office. After comparing prices, colors, materials, and quality, I place an order for about 60 nameplates, and a set of adhesive for them, from what seems like a pretty reputable company. A few days later, a package arrives, containing about 20 nameplates, no adhesive, and a packing slip that makes no mention of the missing pieces of my order. Wondering if maybe my order just got mixed up with someone else’s, I call their customer service line.)

Me: Hi, I placed an order for 60 nameplates and adhesive, but a box arrived today that only contained 20 nameplates and no adhesive.

Rep 1: Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that. I will look up your order and find out what’s going on, and have a representative get in contact with you right away.

Me: Great, thanks!

(The next day I receive an email from the Customer Service Manager)

Manager: Hi [my name], your nameplate adhesive was shipped separately from the rest of your order, and should arrive within a few days. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Me: (in a reply email) Hi [manager], thank you for the update, but will this shipment include the 40 nameplates I am also missing from my order?

(Several days go by and I get no response. I decide to try calling customer service again.)

Me: Hi, I called a few days ago to ask about a bunch of nameplates that were missing from my order, and have still not received a response about where they might be.

Rep 2: Okay, I’m looking at your order now… Oh, it says this was already handled by [manager]. She sent a response a few days go about your missing adhesive. Did you not get that email?

Me: Yes, I did, but that’s not what my concern is. I ordered 60 nameplates and only received 20, so I would like to know where the rest of them are.

Rep 2: Oh, I’m so sorry about that! I will talk to [manager] and find out what’s going on.

(The next day I get another email from the manager.)

Manager: Hi [my name], your nameplates already shipped under [tracking number] and show they were delivered and signed for on [date]. Your adhesive has shipped under [tracking number] and will be delivered on Friday.

Me: (seeing that the problem was miscommunicated a second time, and starting to get impatient) As I explained on the phone with customer service twice now, the delivery was missing two thirds of my order. I should have received 60 nameplates and only received 20. The packing slip in the box also only listed 20, but I was definitely charged for 60. I understand that the adhesive shipped separately, and that is fine. My concern is, and always has been, the 40 missing nameplates. What do I need to do to get this addressed?

(A few more days go by, and I finally get a response with several apologies. Apparently the warehouse ran out of what I ordered, and instead of notifying me or customer service, they just sent the 20 they had in stock. I did finally receive the nameplates once they were back in stock, and they look great, but at the cost of plenty of unanticipated waiting and headaches!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!