Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57036

Unfiltered | December 16, 2016

(I’m picking up a prescription from a walk in clinic after visiting the doctor. I am currently on a waitlist for a family doctor but I needed my birth control renewed so I go to the walk in. I dislike this clinic as the doctor previously laughed at me and brushed me off about a very serious condition, but I’m left with little choice. There is 1 other person waiting for a prescription. After about 30 minutes they’re called to get theirs.)

Other Customer: I’m sorry but this isn’t correct.

Employee: I’m terribly sorry, I’m fairly new. Let me grab the boss to make these changed.

(About 15 minutes pass before a woman comes storming out of the back)

Boss: You KNOW I’m in a conference call (she makes the necessary changes). DON’T bother me again!

(The first customer leaves. By this point another customer is waiting as well. Another 30 minutes pass. At this point I make a point to stand where I know they can see me, in case they’ve forgotten about me. I’m beginning to get very anxious as I’m on my lunch break from work and need to get back soon. Finally they call me up.)

Employee: That’ll be $**.** (I have new work benefits and I know some benefits require you pay a dispensing fee and as the amount is small I don’t think anything of it and pay with my debit. They hand me the bag and I can instantly tell it’s not my birth control I check the slip and it’s another person’s medication.)

Me: Excuse me, this is the wrong medication.

Employee: That’s the only medication waiting. That’s yours.

Me: No, I’ve been waiting nearly an hour for ____ birth control. (By this point I’m irritated as my birth control comes in prepacked boxes and doesn’t require much effort on their part. Also, I’m concerned that they just handed out another persons medication to someone without double checking it.)

Employee: Oh. You’re right that’s (The other customer waiting). Just give it over to him.

Me: But you charged me for it. I didn’t realized I wasn’t paying for my own. I need that refunded.

Employee (deer in the headlights look): I’m not sure how to do that yet.

Me: I need to be back at work in 5 minutes, please get this cleared up. I’ve been waiting a long time for my prescription.

Employee: I’ll see what I can do. (He ducked into a back room and came out looking sheepish. However I had to wait ANOTHER 20 minutes for the boss to come out and perform the refund, with no apology from anyone. Then ANOTHER 20 minutes for his to “pack” up my prescription. Luckily I got a family doctor not long after but I couldn’t believe the incompetence.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!