Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57014

Unfiltered | November 22, 2016

(My brother is moving into his own apartment to attend university. The apartment he is moving into is part of a complex that rents only to students and has internet and TV included in their rent, but you need to bring your own router. When my brother tries to connect everything, the router wants an activation code which he doesn’t have, so our mom calls the provider. Because the internet is provided by the landlord, they don’t have a customer number, but they can use the MAC adress instead, which we know because I’m living in the same house and have successfully used that before – which obviously is new to the employee though…)

Mom: *calls and explains problem*

Employee: “I’m going to need your customer number, please.”

Mom: “This is part of an complex which is all one account, so I don’t have one. I can read you the MAC address though, it will work too.”

Employee: “No, give me your name and address instead.”

Mom: “The MAC address is going to work. You can enter it into your system and it’ll find the router, it’s connected – it just needs that code. His sister is living here too, this is why we know that. I’m going to read it to you as soon as you’re ready.”

Employee: “No, I’ll try to look you up by name and address.”

Mom: “Well, okay. It’s [name] and [street], number 3 and [postal code].”

Employee: “Is that in [district 1] or [district 2]? There are two streets with that name.”

Mom: “It’s [district 1], but there actually is only one street with that name anyway.”

Employee: “Well, it shows me two streets and I can’t find you.”

Mom: “Hm, maybe it runs as [street], number 3-4 in your system? It’s two houses which belong to the same owner.”

Employee: *snottily* “Well now we already have four different options! No, this is way too complicated, goodbye!” *hangs up*

(My mom was too baffled to call back right away and sadly she didn’t have the employee’s name – normally I’m not that kind of person, but if it had been me on the phone, I’d have tried to get that employee fired or at least warned…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!