Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57008

Unfiltered | November 16, 2016

I used to work in a ballons shop in a mall. We had all kinds of ballons; from movie ones to special occasions ones. Once you inflated them, they had to be kept that way, meaning you have to refill them a little every day with helium (a very expensive thing in my country) so they stood up properly. Most ballons didnt need that, as they were sold the same day or the next day (after a week they started to lose helium, sometimes even longer, but once they started, it was unstoppable).

One of those ballons, a “happy birthday” one, was impossible to sell. Probably because it was in english and nobody understood what it said. That ugly plastic creature was almost mocking me every morning I arrived because it was still there, demanding to be fed. I hated it, but it didnt deflated enough every day for me to justify just throwing it away.

One day I got to work and my coworker was waiting for me to replace her. I quickly checked what we had (she was known for putting up new ballons that didnt sell and neglect those who were sold constantly) and I found out a horrible reality.

Me: Um, [coworker], why is there another one of those “happy birthday” ballons?

Coworker: Well, the first one didnt sell, so… *dumb giggles*

A year has passed from that incident. Those ballons disappeared a month after that when I wasnt working, so I don’t know if my boss threw them away or sold them. I don’t work there anymore and I have no clue to why did she thought it was a clever idea to inflate the second one.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!