Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56977

Unfiltered | October 16, 2016

(We are the head office of a retail chain with 15 stores in distant locations. The communications department is in charge of managing the Facebook pages, one for each store. While it would sometimes be more efficient to have the stores’ managers be responsible for them, only a few have taken that task. The IT guy who’s supervising the website and the pages comes over to discuss with my coworker, who is the main communicator in the department. He’s known to be baffled by technology and reluctant to learn.)

IT guy: So it seems that we’re not getting all the notifications for messages sent to the pages, so maybe include in your routine to check for any at least once a day.

Comm guy: But that becomes a full-time job!

IT guy: Well, it’s just once a day. You know our clientele, they won’t call, they won’t email, but they use Facebook a lot.

Comm guy: But there are a lot of pages to check!

IT guy: …isn’t that the communications department’s function?

Comm guy: Well not just *that*! (taking a weary tone) To be honest, it sounds like a very uninteresting task.

IT guy: ….

(I left the area before they were done talking because the tone was escalating. I came across the IT guy in the hallway shortly after that, and we shared a look.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!