Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56974

Unfiltered | October 12, 2016

(I go to a small restaurant with my parents that is one of the only sit down to eat restaurants in our town. It has about 4 high top tables and 2 booth. When we enter it is empty except for the employees lounging around in both of the booths which are right next to one another.)

Server 1: “Can we help you?” He asked, not getting up from his seat where a girl in uniform is playing with his hair. (It is about 5:30 pm so not incredibly early for lunch)

My dad: “Can we have a table for three?”

Server 1: Points to where the high tops are.

My mom: “I can’t sit on stools, I have a bad back and need a back to the chair.”

Server 2: Sighs loudly and starts getting up. “You could’ve said something when you walked in.”

The employees all shifted to one booth, but are uncomfortably close to us. My dad is a rather big man so he takes up quite a but of room, which they seem irritated by. Eventually, we got to order, and sat through dinner having to listen to the employees being rowdy. My dad didn’t say anything, as my mom was already embarrassed and didn’t want to make a scene.

We haven’t been back to that place since.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!